Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: JRSC BTC interchangable?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sc195hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is the BTC from another car, like prelude, work on an integra? Are all BTC in honda/acura the same?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member promotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2003
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The BTC that Jackson Racing makes is the same for Honda Civic and Acura Integra; they have the same part number. Not sure if those will work on a Prelude since JR doesnt even list one for the Prelude.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The JRSC Prelude "Black Box" is designed exclusively for that application... it actually does more than retard the timing under boost. The JR BTC kit will work with ALL SOHC and DOHC "B" series engines/blowers... and it will even work with Turbo applications as well.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member promotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2003
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim, since we are on the "black box" subject, does JR make one for B series engines? Since there are no performance ECU's for auto tranies, I thought it would be nice to have one for my CRV. I cant find one listed on JR website, cant really find the one for the Prelude.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh contrare my friend Promotion...
    The Hondata Stage 2 system will work with an AUTOMATIC transmission... you would simply use a '94-95 Integra LS AUTO ECU and an adaptor harness and get to tuning babee !!! Obviously, the only hurdle here would be the applicable emissions laws/requirements in your area.

    As for the Prelude "Black Box" working in your application... I have never tried it, so I cannot comment. I truly hate to use them on a Prelude, so I have never even considered using one on another set-up. Keep in mind that a Prelude/Accord ECU operates COMPLETELY different than a Civic/Integra ECU... the transmission of fuel/timing data is radically changed in the former. My suspicion is, although I am basing this hypothesis strictly on the internal workings of the ECU foundations you are comparing, that the Prelude EMS box will NOT work on your CRV... especially since it is an AUTOMATIC.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member promotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2003
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is true, but as you said, I wouldnt be able to use the Hondata because of the OBD II issue. Also, The CRV uses an integrated PCM for the transmission and the engine.


    Also, I wouldnt really want to use the Prelude Black Box, but was wandering if one was available for the Integra.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I rarely work on AUTO transmissioned cars, so I do not want to assume anything here, however, I believe that the transmission control functions are very similiar between the OBD-I Integra and the OBD-II FWD CRV...
    This leaves only the issue of Emissions as a hurdle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •